Maximum 2 pages
Apart from basic information, we recommend you to include descriptions of competitions you have partaken in (both scientific and athletic), awards won at school or in other contexts, experience of voluntary work and holding positions of trust.
Maximum 600 words
We who arrange Rays want to get to know you applicants as well as possible. In your personal letter, we want you to tell us who you are and why you have chosen to apply to Rays.
Essay Question 1
Maximum 300 words
Name two or three subjects in science, technology or mathematics that interest you especially, and tell us why you like about them. You may be very specific if you want. We will use your answer when matching students to mentors.
Choose and answer one of the following questions:
- Tell us about a challenge you have faced in the past, and how you handled it.
- Which of your qualities are you most proud of, and how have they helped you thus far?
- Tell us about something you have done and which you think demonstrates your potential to become a future leader within the natural sciences, technology or mathematics.
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
- Tell us about someone or something that inspires you. How have/has they/it influenced you, your goals, your dreams for the future and how you perceive your surroundings?
Essay Question 2
Maximum 300 words
Please scan your grades for all completed high school courses and attach them to your application. The document should be available from the school office and should be signed by the headmaster or your responsible teacher.
Teachers, coaches and others could address questions such as how their student handles challenges or responsibility, and why the student has the potential of a future leader within research. Letters of Recommendation should be composed, signed and sent by the teacher/coach.
Letter(s) of Recommen-dation
1 page per letter